Introduction Blog

     After meeting professor Roundtree, I couldn't be more happy. Most of my classes are lecture heavy, with professors reading off the screen with no expression. Professor Roundtree is a very upbeat and outgoing professor, which encourages me to put more drive into the class. I added this class to my schedule a little late, which made me nervous about my first class considering I was not enrolled until after the first meeting already occured. Most professors would skip over the introduction on yourself after missing the first meeting, but I am glad I got to introduce myself to the class before jumping into the content. I can tell that I will learn a lot about the digital media world in a fun way throughout the year. I am not too artistic, but I am excited to learn more about this field. 

    I grew up in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, going to the beach everyday. I chose Tampa for all of the opportunities it holds, however, the beach was a big contributing factor as well. I am not a winter person, so I figured Tampa would be the best spot for me and my future. Some hobbies of mine include: surfing, snowboarding, and outdoor activities. I have been wanting to travel up and down the east coast of Florida, hitting all of the best surfing spots on my way, especially Cocoa Beach. Another interesting fact about me is that I just got my real estate license, so I have been working full-time when we are on break, and part-time during the semester. Since I am a real estate agent on the side, it is very time consuming, however, I will not let it take my focus off of this class. 

    On the description of this blog, it mentions describing one of my fails. I figured I would mention one of my most recent fails that was very unfortunate. I took the real estate state exam a couple months ago to get my license in order to become an agent. The test was in Sarasota, at 6 am, meaning I had to leave my house at 4:15 am. I finally got there, took the test, and walked outside to get my results. In order to get a passing grade, the test taker needs to get a score of 75% or higher. I got my results back, I turned it over, and it said 74%. I failed by 1 question, considering there are 100 questions. I was very mad at first, but I studied even more, took it again, and passed. Although it was one of my fails, it motivated me to not give up and keep going, which clearly paid off in the end. 

    

     I expect to have a lot more knowledge about digital media and how to navigate all the tools used in this field. I also expect to be more creative in the aspect of generating aesthetic work from scratch. I consider myself a creative person, so I think I'll do well when learning about this part of digital media. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

CALLIGRAM

Logos