Autoscopy

 Autoscopy


Original Image


Inspirational Images










Artist Statement

    For this project, it took me a long time to complete. I started by using a completely different photo and created an entire autoscopy based off of that photo. I will insert the photo below: 
    After I completed this, I did not like to final result at all. I thought it looked very unprofessional and seemed like I just randomly placed a bunch of items in. So, I decided to start over. I looked for other original images and found a picture of me on a cliff in Newport, Rhode Island that I absolutely loved and decided to create a new autoscopy based on this image.

    When I first started altering the image, I decided I wanted to put a beautiful space background that would replace the sky.  I recently discovered that I am extremely intrigued by space, something I never thought deeper into before. After reading up on UFO sitings and Area 51 and all that, I became very interested. I found a very pleasing photo, and placed it over the original image. I used the quick selection tool to mask out my head and shoulders to place the space image behind. After this was completed, I played around with different filters until I found a pinkish purple filter that matched the space background. 

    Next, I wanted to create a glowing effect on my shoes to add some more detail to the autoscopy. I used the pen tool to create an outline around my shoes then filled in the path with a similar color to the filter. I then added another layer and changed the option from normal to a linear doge. I drew over the outline once again with a soft brush in the color that I wanted. Finally, I blurred it with a gaussian blur and played around with it until I thought it looked like a good glow. 

    I transitioned into adding images for more detail. I added a surfboard first, and although I already knew surfing is my huge passion, I had to add it in to make it more personal. I masked out the background and then placed it in a specific way. I noticed that the edges were blurry, so I added a new layer and drew over the outline of the surfboard using the eye drop and brush tool to make it look cleaner. After this was complete, I did the same thing with the two boats and the space ship. I decided to add a wakeboarding image as seen on the left because I also discovered that I am very into wakeboarding and those activities. I wakeboarded recently at a lake up north and had the best time so I figured it makes sense to add it in. I then added the spaceship to put an emphasis on my interest in space. 

   I then decided to add a little person cliff jumping on the very right. I do a lot of cliff jumping from that exact cliff in the photo, so I figured adding a cliff diver would make it even more personal. Finally, I added my tag brush on a new layer to the bottom of the surfboard. 

    Overall, I think that the final result turned out very good. It turned out a lot better than the previous one I completed. I did not have too many difficulties because of the experience I got from creating the previous one.  My favorite aspect has to be the space background where the sky used to be because I think this draws in the most attention from the audience. 





Comments

  1. This is a really cool picture. The lighting and the colors are amazing and I love how you addede= everything in. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

CALLIGRAM

Logos